If you wish to make a donation via credit card, please click on the logo on the left. Or to donate via check please make payable to "Furniture Assist, Inc" and mail to Office address above.
- Open every Sunday without appointment from
11:00 AM to 2:30 PM
- Weekday drop-offs are possible BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Call 973-868-6007 for an appointment.
- In the event of snow, please call 973-868-6007, box 6. We will post messages there after 10 AM
We need furniture and household items to furnish a small apartment. This includes:
- Furniture - beds, dressers, tables, chairs, dining sets, lamps, etc.
- Appliances – Washers, dryers, refrigerators, freezers
- Small Appliances – mixers, toaster ovens, blenders, food processors, etc.
- Entertainment – Televisions, VCR’s, DVD Players, Game systems w/ games
- Dishes, glasses, cups
- Cooking Items / Kitchen Utensils
- Bedding, Towels / Linens
- Baby items (Strollers and car seats must conform to the current safety standards)
- Tables and chairs
- Pictures, household items that help make a house a home
- Books (not sexually explicit, reference or college text books)
Items may be brought to our facility when we are open. We ask that any items that fit into a car be brought to us. Items that require a truck will be scheduled, however we have limited internal ability so we work with local movers and clean out services. A pick-up fee of at least $50 or more will be charged depending on size of the load. The $50 fee covers one pick up of up to five pieces of furniture with each additional piece costing $5. For limited use items such as pianos, hospital beds, etc., we will pick up these items only when a need is identified.
- Union County pickups are typically on Wednesdays.
- If you require pickup specifically in Bernards Township only, please call (908) 766-9748.
We do NOT accept:
- Items beyond their useful life (8-track tapes, old stereos, typewriters, etc.)
- Damaged, broken or excessively soiled furniture
- Built-in appliances and construction items such as old kitchen cabinets
- Books (sexually explicit, encyclopedias, text books or professional reference books)
- Medical items (open containers or any medicines)
- Beauty items such as perfumes
- Food (Canned and dry goods that have passed their expiration dates)
- Paints or other flammable items
- Cribs and car seats that do not meet current safety standards
- Holiday items are accepted only within 4 months of the holiday
- Anything else that you would not have in your home if you still needed the item