We furnish 15 apartments each week and are always in need of items for a small apartment.
Donations can be brought to us each Sunday Noon-2:30PM.
No appointment is needed but please check the list below for items we take and those we reject.
We can open more hours with more volunteers. Teams of two are best and you can choose your hours.
We are assisting clients on Sunday from 9AM-Noon and can not accept donations during those hours.
We are not offering pickup service at this time.
You can hire anyone you wish but we offer the following suggestions:
• College Hunks Hauling Junk (Nancy or Jim) (908-842-0858)
• Holte and Associates (Larry Holmes) (973-818-7511).
• Map Trucking (Abe) (908-654-6940)
• 1-800-Got-Junk (1-800-Got-Junk,1-800-468-5865)
If you have a truck and wish to be added to this list, please call us 973-868-6007 extension 5
|We accept:||We do not accept:|
|º Living Room, Dining Room, Bedroom Furniture||º No King size beds or excessively large furniture that will not fit in a small apartment|
|º Mattresses and Box Springs||º King size mattresses or any other mattress with stains on either side|
|º Toys, dolls and games||º Incomplete games or dirty/broken toys or dolls|
|º Linens (stained linens are given to a no-kill animal shelter)||º Window treatments for large windows|
|º Small Appliances-mixers,blenders,food processors,etc.||º Large Appliances-TVs, Stoves,Refrigerators,Washers, Dryers, built-in appliances or small appliances with heating coils|
|º Clothes and Shoes||º Ripped or excessively worn Clothes or Shoes|
|º Children's books and Cook Books||º Other Books, Magazines or Newspapers|
|º Baby items and Clothes (Must conform to the current safety standards)||º Drop Side cribs or car seats.|
|º Dishes, glasses, bowls, pots, pans, utensils||º Chipped dishes, worn pots/pans (incomplete sets are fine)|
|º Lamps, Mirrors in frames, Pictures||º Please make sure the Lamps work, Mirrors w/o frames|
|º Entertainment-VCR's,DVD Players,Game systems w/games||º Electronics beyond their useful life(8-track tapes,old stereos,typewriters,etc.)|
|º Holiday items are accepted within 3 months of the holiday||º No Perfumes, Beauty items, Medicines, Food, Paints or other flamables|
|º Decorative and items that help make a house a home||º Damaged, broken or excessively soiled furniture|
|º Pianos or organs|
|º Power Tools or other items that are dangerous to operate|
|º Medical items Hospital Beds, Stair climbers or any medicines|
|º Anything else that you would not have in your home if you still needed the item|
We currently suggest if the donation is:
• outside of New Jersey, visit http://www.furniturebanks.org/ to find a furniture bank near you.
• in any of the Oranges (and Newark, Irvington, Hillside), call East Orange Community Development 973-266-5315.
• in Mercer County(Princeton), call Home Front. 609-989-9417 or www.homefrontnj.org.
• in Monmouth County, call Love, Inc 732-222-1923.
• in the eastern part of Route 46 (Paterson, Jersey City, Bayonne, Teaneck, Fort Lee), call Fr English Community Center 973-881-0127.
• in Morris County, call Interfaith Furniture 973-477-1262 or (www.interfaithfurnishings.org).
• in Morristown, Madison or Dover, call The Re-Start Ministries 973-610-2325 www.recyclingministry.org.
• in the Trenton area, call The Rescue Mission of Trenton 609-695-1436 or (www.rescuemissionoftrenton.org).
• construction supplies, call Habitat for Humanity http://www.habitat.org/ (click "find a re-store").