DONATIONS ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Donors who arrive without an appointment will be turned away.|
We are receiving more requests (20-40 each day) to donate than our warehouse can contain.|
We are first responding and setting appointments for those with items that our client's need and we do not have enough in the warehouse.
If you do not hear from us in a few days, we will contact you as soon as we are able to receive your items.
We thank you for your understanding until this world returns to a less crazy time.
All appointments will be on set Sundays each month between 9AM and 2:30 PM. We set the date and you can come anytime in that window.
The agency that accepts our excess clothes to send to those in need around the world has temporarily closed due to new operating and shipping procedures.|
Their warehouse is full. They will re-open in mid January.
We need baby clothes (up to 5T); coats and sweaters and can receive any amount on your appointment date.
Please limit donations of other clothes to 1 bag of fall/winter items until mid January
If you already have an appointment, bring what was agreed.
|If you, or anyone in your household, are feeling sick or think that they have been exposed to the virus in the last 14 days, please cancel your appointment.|
We are not offering pickup service at this time.
You can hire anyone you wish but we offer the following suggestions:
• College Hunks Hauling Junk (Nancy or Deb) (908-842-0858)
• Holte and Associates (Ray Holte) (908-247-9589).
• Map Trucking (Abe) (908-654-6940)
• 1-800-Got-Junk (1-800-Got-Junk,1-800-468-5865)
The above companies have access to the building and can pickup anytime.
They are independant companies that set their own prices, schedules and procedures.
Others must bring items when we are open.
|Items that we need (and do not need) at this time
This list will change from week to week and will be discussed when we talk.
|We normally accept||We do not accept at this time|
|Living Room Furniture
futons with mattresses
small coffee tables
Large entertainment centers
Old style TV Armoires
|Dine Tables & Chairs||China Cabinets
|King size mattresses
any mattress with stains on either side
Large particle board Bed/Desk/Dresser combos,
bunk or loft beds
|Modern Cribs||Old style drop-side cribs|
|Desks wider than four feet.|
|Toys, dolls and games||Incomplete games or dirty/broken toys or dolls
|Linens (stained linens are given to a no-kill animal shelter)||Window blinds or shades
wall hangings or their hanging brackets
|Small Appliances-mixers,blenders,food processors,etc.||Large Appliances
small appliances with heating coils
|Clothes and Shoes||Clothes out of season
Ripped or excessively worn Clothes or Shoes
|Children's books and Cook Books||Other Books, Magazines or Newspapers|
|Baby items and Clothes (Must conform to the current safety standards)||Car Seats and other baby items thet do not meet current safety rules.|
|Dishes, glasses, bowls, pots, pans, utensils||Chipped dishes, worn pots/pans (incomplete sets are fine)|
|Lamps(make sure they work), Mirrors in frames||No pictures at this time, Mirrors w/o frames,Picture frames w/o pictures, small family photo frames|
|Working Flat screen TVs, tape power cord & remote to the TV||No other electronics at this time, No Old style TVs, even if they work|
|Area Rugs with bound edges (9'x10' or less)||Large Area Rugs or Installed carpets without bound edges|
|No decorative items at this time
No holiday items at this time
Patio and outside furniture at this time
Unassembled or disassembled furniture
Pianos or organs
Power Tools or other items that are dangerous to operate
Medical items Hospital Beds, Stair climbers or any medicines(See note below)
No Perfumes, Beauty items, Medicines, Food, Paints or other flamables
Any item not on the "we accept" list
Anything else that you would not have in your home if you still needed the item
We currently suggest if the donation is:
• outside of New Jersey, visit http://www.furniturebanks.org/ to find a furniture bank near you.
• in any of the Oranges (and Newark, Irvington, Hillside), call East Orange Community Development 973-266-5315.
• in Mercer County(Princeton), call Home Front. 609-989-9417 or www.homefrontnj.org.
• in Monmouth County, call Love, Inc 732-222-1923.
• in the eastern part of Route 46 (Paterson, Jersey City, Bayonne, Teaneck, Fort Lee), call Fr English Community Center 973-881-0127.
• in Morris County, call Interfaith Furniture 973-477-1262 or (www.interfaithfurnishings.org).
• in Morristown, Madison or Dover, call The Re-Start Ministries 973-610-2325 www.recyclingministry.org.
• in the Trenton area, call The Rescue Mission of Trenton 609-695-1436 or (www.rescuemissionoftrenton.org).
• construction supplies, call Habitat for Humanity http://www.habitat.org/ (click "find a re-store").
• Medical Supplies including hospital beds, call Pluckemin Medical Mission 908-396-6057.