CLOSED Labor Day weekend (Sept 4th and 5th)
We furnish 15 apartments each week and are always in need of items for a small apartment. In addition to receiving donations each Sunday Noon-2:30PM , we will be open during the summer on Mondays and Wednesdays (10AM-2PM).
No appointment is needed but please check the list below for items we take and those we reject.
We can open more hours with more volunteers. Teams of two are best and you can choose your hours.
We are assisting clients on Sunday from 9AM-Noon and can not accept donations during those hours.
We are not offering pickup service at this time.
You can hire anyone you wish but we offer the following suggestions:
• College Hunks Hauling Junk (Nancy or Jim) (908-842-0858)
• Holte and Associates (Larry Holmes) (973-818-7511).
• Map Trucking (Abe) (908-654-6940)
• 1-800-Got-Junk (1-800-Got-Junk,1-800-468-5865)
If you have a truck and wish to be added to this list, please call us 973-868-6007 extension 5
|We accept:||We do not accept:|
|º Furniture-beds,dressers,tables,chairs,dining sets,lamps,etc.(No King size beds)||º Items beyond their useful life(8-track tapes,old stereos,typewriters,etc.)|
|º Small Appliances-mixers,blenders,food processors,etc.||º Damaged, broken or excessively soiled furniture|
|º Entertainment-VCR's,DVD Players,Game systems w/games||º Built-in appliances or construction items|
|º Dishes,glasses,cups||º Large Appliances-TVs, Stoves,Refrigerators,Washers, Dryers|
|º Cooking Items-Kitchen Utensils||º Books(any type except children's books)|
|º Bedding,Towels,Linens||º Magazines|
|º Baby items (Strollers must conform to the current safety standards)||º Drop Side cribs or car seats that do not meet current safety standards|
|º Tables and chairs||º Beauty items such as perfumes|
|º Pictures, household items that help make a house a home||º Food (Please donate that to your local Food Bank)|
|º Clothes||º Paints or other flammable items|
|º Books (only Children's books)||º Pianos or organs|
|º Power Tools or other items that are dangerous to operate|
|º Medical items Hospital Beds, Stair climbers or any medicines|
|º Holiday items are accepted only within 3 months of the holiday|
|º Anything else that you would not have in your home if you still needed the item|
We currently suggest if the donation is:
• outside of New Jersey, visit http://www.furniturebanks.org/ to find a furniture bank near you.
• in Basking Ridge, call Community Service of Basking Ridge 908-766-9748.
• in any of the Oranges (and Newark, Irvington, Hillside), call East Orange Community Development 973-266-5315.
• in Mercer County(Princeton), call Home Front. 609-989-9417 or www.homefrontnj.org.
• in Monmouth County, call Love, Inc 732-222-1923.
• in the eastern part of Route 46 (Paterson, Jersey City, Bayonne, Teaneck, Fort Lee), call Fr English Community Center 973-881-0127.
• in Morris County, call Interfaith Furniture 973-477-1262 or (www.interfaithfurnishings.org).
• in Morristown, Madison or Dover, call The Re-Start Ministries 973-610-2325 www.recyclingministry.org.
• in the Trenton area, call The Rescue Mission of Trenton 609-695-1436 or (www.rescuemissionoftrenton.org).
• construction supplies, call Habitat for Humanity http://www.habitat.org/ (click "find a re-store").