DONATIONS OF FURNITURE ARE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.|
We are now open every Sunday (10 AM-2 PM) except for holidays like Easter, Mothers Day, Memorial Day.|
You no longer need an appointment for small items like clothes, linens, household, lamps, toys.
If you are donating furniture, send an email to the address above listing your name and the items to donate.|
Appointments will always be on a Sunday between 10 AM and 2 PM. We set the date, you can come any time in that window.
We are first responding and setting appointments for those with items that our client's need and we do not have enough in the warehouse.
If you do not hear from us in a couple of weeks, we will contact you as soon as we are able to receive your items.
We thank you for your understanding as this world tries to return to a less crazy time.
|If you, or anyone in your household, are feeling sick or think that they have been exposed to the virus in the last 14 days, please cancel your appointment.|
We are not offering pickup service at this time.
You can hire anyone you wish but we offer the following suggestions:
• College Hunks Hauling Junk (Nancy or Deb) (908-842-0858)
• Holte and Associates (Ray Holte) (908-247-9589).
• Map Trucking (Abe) (908-654-6940)
• 1-800-Got-Junk (1-800-Got-Junk,1-800-468-5865)
The above companies have access to the building and can pickup anytime.
They are independant companies that set their own prices, schedules and procedures.
Others must have an appointment and bring items when we are open.
|Items that we need (and do not need) at this time
This list may change from week to week and will be discussed when we talk.
|We normally accept||We do not accept at this time|
|Living Room Furniture
futons with mattresses
small coffee tables
Large entertainment centers
Old style TV Armoires
|Dine Tables & Chairs||China Cabinets
|King size mattresses
any mattress with stains on either side
Large particle board Bed/Desk/Dresser combos,
|Modern Cribs||Old style drop-side cribs|
|Desks wider than four feet.|
|Toys, dolls, games, clean stuffed toys||Incomplete games or dirty/broken toys, dolls or stuffed toys|
|Linens (no stained linens at this time)||Window blinds or shades
wall hangings or their hanging brackets
|Small Appliances-mixers,blenders,food processors,etc.||Large Appliances
small appliances with heating coils
|Clothes and Shoes||Ripped or excessively worn Clothes or Shoes|
|Children's books and Cook Books||Other Books, Magazines or Newspapers|
|Baby items and Clothes (Must conform to the current safety standards)||Car Seats and other baby items that do not meet current safety rules.|
|Dishes, glasses, bowls, pots, pans, utensils||Chipped dishes, worn pots/pans (incomplete sets are fine)|
|Lamps(make sure they work), Mirrors in frames||Mirrors w/o frames,Picture frames w/o pictures, small family photo frames|
|Working Flat screen TVs (tape power cord & remote to the TV)||No other electronics at this time, No Old style TVs, even if they work|
|Area Rugs with bound edges (9'x10' or less)||Large Area Rugs or Installed carpets without bound edges|
|No decorative items at this time
No holiday items at this time
No patio and outside furniture at this time
No unassembled or disassembled furniture
No pianos or organs
No power tools or other items that are dangerous to operate
No medical items hospital beds, Stair climbers or any medicines(See note below)
No perfumes, beauty items, medicines, food, paints or other flamables
Any item not on the "we accept" list
Anything else that you would not have in your home if you still needed the item
We currently suggest if the donation is:
• outside of New Jersey, visit http://www.furniturebanks.org/ to find a furniture bank near you.
• in any of the Oranges (and Newark, Irvington, Hillside), call East Orange Community Development 973-266-5315.
• in Mercer County(Princeton), call Home Front. 609-989-9417 or www.homefrontnj.org.
• in Monmouth County, call Love, Inc 732-222-1923.
• in the eastern part of Route 46 (Paterson, Jersey City, Bayonne, Teaneck, Fort Lee), call Fr English Community Center 973-881-0127.
• in Morris County, call Interfaith Furniture 973-477-1262 or (www.interfaithfurnishings.org).
• in the Trenton area, call The Rescue Mission of Trenton 609-695-1436 or (www.rescuemissionoftrenton.org).
• construction supplies, call Habitat for Humanity http://www.habitat.org/ (click "find a re-store").
• Medical Supplies including hospital beds, call Pluckemin Medical Mission 908-396-6057 or ppch.org/get-involved/medical-equipment