398 Chestnut Street
Union, New Jersey 07083 [map]
Lending a Hand!
Furniture Assist can always use volunteers for its operations on Sundays. Furniture Assist is open every Sunday from 11am to 2:30 pm at the Self Storage Depot, 400 North 14th Street in Kenilworth. Furniture Assist needs volunteers on those days to assist in accepting donations and in distributing items. Please volunteer a few hours of your day to lend a hand!
The Board of Trustees meets on the fourth Thursday of the month (except for November and December, when it is the third Thursday of the month). The meetings are held at St. Luke & All Saints Episcopal Church at 398 Chestnut Street, Union NJ, and are open to the public, so please feel free to stop in. Times for the remaining meetings in 2012:
- June 27, 12 noon – 2:00pm
- July 25, 12 noon – 2:00pm
- August 22, 12 noon – 2:00pm
- September 26, 12 noon – 2:00pm
- October 24, 12 noon – 2:00pm
- November 14, 12 noon – 2:00pm
- December TBD, 12 noon – 2:00pm
We are an all volunteer organization. We need:
- People to help on Sundays
- People with trucks and SUV's to pick up donations
- People to sort the donations
- People to assist clients
- Organizations/individuals to underwrite the cost of sheds ($50-$300/month)
Volunteers tell us when they can work and how they want to help. We are able to provide community service credit upon request.
If you wish to volunteer or just have questions about how you can help out, please click the volunteer button: