From those who have, to those who need.
Furniture Assist was established to provide furniture, appliances and other household items, free of charge, to families or individuals in need. A need may include, but not be limited to, a previously homeless family or individual, trying to set up a new living arrangement, a financially challenged family or person, needing additional items for their home, a battered spouse establishing a new home, a medical emergency which creates a need or a need arising from a flood, fire, hurricane, tornado, earthquake or other disaster. Furniture Assist takes donations of goods from individuals and organizations that have items they are looking to get rid of, yet are still in good useable condition. In turn these items are made available to those in need.
We are an outreach program serving residents of Northern New Jersey.
We provide items to people who need them free of charge.
We seek household items and furniture that can be used in a small apartment.
- If you have items to give, click Donate Items
- If you are in need, click Clients
- If you represent a referring organization, click Agencies
- To help us in our mission of keeping administration costs low, click Volunteers
- To get to our storage facility for pick up or drop off, click Directions
- To learn more about our organization, click About Us
- For other matters or general questions, click Contact Us
If you wish to make a donation via credit card,
please click on the logo on the left
(L-R): Sheila Rostiac, incoming President of the PSE&G Foundation;
Paul Stierhoff, Furniture Assist Trustee;
Eileen Leahey, PSE&G Regional Public Affairs Manager;
Vaughn McKoy, outgoing President of the PSE&G Foundation